Reporting to the manager of Maintenance and Projects, the primary responsibility of the Groundskeeper is the maintenance, beautification, and upkeep of the external property of the company and associated properties, including landscaping, lawn and yard maintenance, construction activities (if need be), and the proper operation of all necessary equipment.
The ideal candidate is located in or around Medicine Hat, Alberta, or would be willing to relocate if necessary. If you take pride in maintaining an inviting, aesthetically pleasing, and functional environment; and if you can handle multiple projects, plan, and execute jobs from start to finish, and enjoy working in the elements, we want you to join our team.
- Primarily work at the company grounds, and external company properties as the need arises.
- Report to your Manager all site issues and coordinate for effective issues resolution
- Distribute notices and letters for safety purposes before engaging into the planned activities.
- Participate in safety training.
- Follow up on property issues as assigned.
- Assist with, set up, general repairs and maintenance of grounds keeping equipment.
- Request/purchase material and items for the work orders
- Other related duties as maybe assigned.
Maintenance of Site
- Repair and maintenance of Company areas
- Cleaning and organizing and upkeep of open areas.
- Move and keep clean gravel in the parking, pathways, and driveways, and snow removal in the winter season.
- General grounds keeping including mowing, pruning, whipper snipping, clearing catch basins, replanting, and scheduled watering.
- Salting, sanding, and snow removal (where applicable)